STAR2Cs strives to make its website accessible and usable for all users.
The STAR2Cs website has features that allow its users to find the information they need in the way they find easiest. The site has been designed to adhere to best practice by following W3C standards. Pages have been built to comply with a minimum standard of WCAG 2.0 single ‘A’ guidelines.
The STAR2Cs site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control all presentation and layout so that content is well structured and easily accessible via assistive devices. This creates a website that is accessible to screen readers and is usable in most browsers, including including Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.
EqualWeb Website Accessibility Tool
The website employs the EqualWeb accessibility tool. By selecting the icon (bottom left of screen), the user is able to view a series of accessibility options. These include:
- Enlargement of the font on the website to 4 levels of magnification
- Option for keyboard-based navigation
- Adaptation of the website for NVDA assistive technology
- Altered color contrast against dark background
- Altered color contrast against light background
- Adaptation for color-blind users
- Change of font for better readability
- Enlarged cursor, and change of color to black or white
- Enlargement of display to ~200%
- Emphasizing links on the website
- Emphasizing headings on the website
There are a number of PDF documents available for download across the site. You can find out more about how to configure the free Adobe Reader software to obtain greater access to PDF files by visiting the Adobe site.
Images and design
All images used for non aesthetic reasons have descriptive alternative text.
In addition to using the EqualWeb accessibility tool, text size can be increased or decreased by using the zoom controls in your browser. Find the instructions for your browser below:
Contact and feedback
We welcome feedback from our users. If you encountered any particular accessibility problem while browsing the website, we will be grateful for your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This document was last updated May 2021.